Welcome to the Embassy of Belgium in Kenya.
Our embassy in Nairobi is competent for six countries: in addition to Kenya, this concerns Somalia, Eritrea, Madagascar, Seychelles and Comoros. Are you a Belgian who has recently moved to one of these countries and would like to register at the embassy in Nairobi? You travel as a tourist and want to know the local travel measures? Your passport was stolen during your trip? You want to apply for a visa to travel to Belgium? Then you've come to the right place.
Would you like to contact our embassy?
Please consult this page.
1. Travelling to one of the following countries: Kenia, Somalia, Eritrea, Madagascar, Seychelles or Comoros
When organizing a trip, you have to take many elements into account. Inform yourself as good as possible before departure, among others about the current COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Always consult the latest travel advice from the FPS Foreign Affairs for your country of destination. The travel advice is continuously updated per country. Consult these advices regularly. Also keep an eye on our Facebook page "Embassy of Belgium in Kenya".
Register your trip via TravelersOnline. This allows the FPS Foreign Affairs to inform and support you if necessary. Your contact details always remain confidential
2. Travelling to Belgium
From May 23 2022 onwards, travel restrictions for going to Belgium only apply for travellers coming from countries classified as very high risk.
The following rules remain in effect:
- Normal Visa requirements continue to exist.
- It is not allowed to travel to Belgium when in quarantine.
- For travellers coming from countries classified as very high risk, these measures need to be taken into account.
- Always consult the current travel restrictions with your airline and/or travel agency
* * * * * * *